TGV LYRIA SERVICES
You'll find a great range of services available on TGV Lyria trains. If you are planning to take your bike with you on your journey or want to take your pet with you on your travels, you'll find all the information you'll need below.
TGV LYRIA LUGGAGE
The rules around taking luggage on TGV Lyria services are refreshingly simple. Here’s what you’ll need to know when you pack for your journey:
- Each passenger is allowed 2 bags or suitcases plus their hand luggage
- You’ll find luggage racks at the end – and sometimes the middle – of each carriage
- There are no charges for oversize luggage
- Luggage such as bikes, surfboards and push chairs should be stowed in a special luggage coach – ask a member of staff for help when you board the train.
TGV LYRIA PETS
You can take pets on TGV Lyria trains. Here’s what you’ll need to know before you set off:
- Your pet must stay with you for the whole journey
- Dogs must be kept muzzled and on a lead and require a ‘Pet Fare’ ticket for travel
- Small pets must be kept in a pet carrier – they travel for free (max weight of 6kg, max size of pet carrier 45x30x25cm)
- Guide dogs travel free
- Maximum of 2 dogs or 2 pet carriers or one of each per passenger.
Pet tickets do not have to be purchased in advance. They can be purchased at the station on the date of travel. Pets will not get a reserved seat; they have to remain by the customer's feet for the duration of the journey.
TGV LYRIA ACCESS
TGV Lyria trains have good facilities for both disabled travellers and their companions. Below is what you can expect as standard:
- Wheelchair and companion spaces are available in the First Class sections of trains
- Disabled toilets are located near wheelchair spaces.
- Manual and electric wheelchairs can be taken on-board as long as they are no larger than 125x75cm.
- To book a wheelchair space please call our specialist agents: Ultima Travel on 0151 339 6171 or Switzerland Travel Centre on 020 7420 4934 (calls to these numbers cost up to 9p per minute plus your phone company's access charge).
TGV LYRIA BIKES
TGV Lyria trains have special storage spaces for bicycles. Expect to pay around £10. Bicycle spaces must be reserved when you book your tickets. To book a bicycle space you'll need to contact our call centre on 0844 848 5848 (calls to this number cost 7p per minute plus your phone company's access charge).
Or you can take your bicycle in a bike bag (which must be no bigger than 120x90cm) free of charge. A bike bag counts as one piece of luggage.
TGV LYRIA FOOD
First Class passengers can dine at their seats on TGV Lyria trains. Meals are included in the price of your First Class ticket on journeys between Paris and Switzerland.
If you’re going Standard Class, head down to the bar buffet car where you can buy drinks, hot and cold meals, sandwiches and salads.
Alternatively, you’re welcome to bring your own food and drink onto the train, including beer and wine. A glass of good red wine at your seat while your train passes through the snowy Alps is an experience not to be missed.